Dementia: The Plight of Old Age
Posted On: April 8, 2020
When old age comes knocking at the door and youth slips away from their hands, the elderly look for a comfortable home where they can spend their lives in peace and comfort. Old age brings with itself several ailments, dementia being a major one of them.
What is Dementia?
Dementia is a cumulative term for a group of diseases that impair cognitive function, that is, it interferes with the ability to think, learn, speak and understand. Although it mostly affects older people, it is not a part of aging.
Diagnosis and Symptoms
Following are the common symptoms of dementia:
- Losing track of time
- Getting lost in familiar places
- Loss in the sense of direction
- Trouble remembering faces and names of familiar people
These symptoms are generally confused with the typical behaviour of people in old age. However, these symptoms must not be ignored and a person exhibiting such symptoms must be taken to a dementia treatment hospital for better diagnosis.
Treatment and Care
Although there is no permanent cure for dementia, it can be managed by taking great care of the patient. The family of the patient is greatly affected by these diseases. It hampers with their career, personal relationships and social interactions. Specialized care is needed to keep the patient calm and comfortable.
Senior Care Centre in Delhi
Vardaan Senior Citizen Centre is a dementia treatment hospital in Delhi which offers great care and comfort to people suffering from dementia. It serves as a messiah for those who don’t have the means necessary to take care of their loved ones at home.
This Senior Citizen Centre is a home for the elderly where they are properly tended to and spend their time under constant care of professionals. Their services include:
- Assisted Living
- Short and Long-term Rehabilitation
- Nursing care of seniors
- Alzheimer Care
- Promoting social interaction
- Post-Stroke Care
Specialized Care and Attention
Patients suffering from dementia need great attention, care and support from their family and friends. Often, these senior citizens are not taken proper care of by society and are subjected to a life of loneliness. Specialized hospitals help in improving their living conditions by taking care of them and assisting them in every possible way.
Care, attention, and understanding are the keys to help a senior citizen through old age. The patients must be provided with the best living conditions and made a part of social interactions to aid their condition.Tweet
Most Search Keywords
- senior citizen care center in Delhi
- senior citizen care center in India
- care for senior citizens
- senior citizen care delhi
- senior citizen home delhi
- senior care delhi
- senior citizen home
- senior citizen care india
- High quality senior citizen care center in Delhi
- best old age homes in delhi
- old age home delhi
- Dementia treatment hospital in delhi
- Dementia treatment hospital
- Dementia treatment Center in India
- Dementia treatment Center in Delhi
- dementia care centres in delhi
- senior assisted
- old age homes delhi
- nursing homes care
- care of elderly
- assisted nursing
- luxury old age home
- paid senior citizen living homes
- senior citizen homes near me
- old age home in south delhi
- senior citizen old age home
- senior citizen housing